Revision Date January 26, 2024
Aqualoo Software LLC dba Septic Edge respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
• The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access, or use the Application.
• Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this Application, in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this Application. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
• We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this Application.
• You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Children Under the Age of 13
The Application is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Application:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us.
• Automatically when you use the Application.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use this Application, we may ask you provide information:
• By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”).
• That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as device information, OS version, and IP address.
This information includes:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Application. This includes information provided at the time of purchasing, downloading, and registering to use the Application, and downloading or posting material, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Application.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers) if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions you carry out through the Application and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Application.
• Designs for septic and wastewater treatment systems, topography, soil, supplier and jobsite information, calculations for drain field sizes, location information for septic and wastewater treatment systems, information to electronically submit wastewater treatment system information to wastewater treatment permitting agencies, and related information consistent with the proper use and purpose of the Application.
You may also provide information for publication or display (“Posted”) on public areas of the Application or websites you access through the Application (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the Application, it may use technology to automatically collect:
• Usage Details. When you access and use the Application, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Application, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Application.
• Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
• Stored Information and Files. The Application also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
• Location Information. This Application collects real-time information about the location of your device. Location data is necessary to provide GPS coordinates and location data for each project.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the Application or delete it from your device. For more information, see CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION. Note, however, that opting out of the Application’s collection of location information will disable its location-based features.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking). See below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on or through this Application and how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
• Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Application.
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Application or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
• Advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers.
• Analytics companies.
• Your mobile device manufacturer.
• Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this Application. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
• Provide you with the Application and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
• Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
• Give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
• Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
• Notify you when Application updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Application and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
• Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
• Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Application according to your individual interests.
• Speed up your searches.
• Recognize you when you use the Application.
We use location information we collect to enhance location-based offerings. We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Aqualoo Software LLC dba Septic Edge assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Aqualoo Software LLC dba Septic Edge about our Application users is among the assets transferred.
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. (see CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION)
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• With your consent.
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
• To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Application EULA, and for billing and collection.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Aqualoo Software, LLC dba Septic Edge, our customers or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
• Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Application to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Application may become inaccessible or not function properly.
• Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address/contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of every email.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted and trasmitted through the App Store or Google Play Store.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Application. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.